June 09, 2009

Letting Go

My baby left this morning to spend two weeks in Albuquerque, NM, with her boyfriend and his father. She's never been away from me except with family and she's certainly never been on a plane before. I'm a nervous wreck and I've been up since 4 am to take them to the airport. I know she'll be 18 in a few months, but that's not the point. She's my baby and I don't want her off somewhere that I can't get to her right away. Letting go sucks!

I've done enough letting go in my life and frankly I don't like it very much. I want to hold on to what's mine and giving it up is turning out not to be one of my strong points. It's hard and it hurts and I don't like it! What am I supposed to do when all my babies are grown? Sit around and wish for the old days when they were little and were all mine? hmpf!

What about you? How do you deal with letting go?

No comments: