June 29, 2009

Is It Over Yet?

Today was not one of my better days. I got to work this morning and realized I forgot to send the pet photos to be toned and dropped into our system for printing on Saturday's classified. Thirty pet ads that were supposed to include pictures only showed the placeholders.

Now, I'm not perfect by any means, but I don't usually forget something so important. And that's all it was. I forgot. I didn't get so busy I forgot, I just forgot. And it took me all morning to enter new ads for next Saturday, fix the two that were so completely screwed up by this problem the customer's called to complain, and then to send the photos for toning. I finished right about lunch time and was at least able to enjoy lunch without worrying too much. Then after lunch I had to check each one to make sure the pics were ready to go. I was frustrated and pissed at myself, but it's done and I believe things will be back to normal tomorrow.

On the bright side, though, I met Mario Van Peebles today. He was in the building for a tour and because I work the front counter I got to say hello. I hate to admit it, but I wasn't sure who he was until someone else mentioned it. I knew he looked familiar to me, but I wasn't sure. Of course, it has been awhile since he's been in a movie. Anyway, here's a pic of him. He's a cutie.

No comments: