July 30, 2008

Short Story

I've decided to write a short story that my DH gave me the idea for. He's often told me that he wishes we could have met earlier in life. So I'm writing about what it would have been like. I won't give it away but there will be quite a few surprises. The premise is "Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it". I think it will be fun to write and even fun to read. I'm actually looking forward to writing it.

I feel intimidated every time I sit down to write Rebel Union. I don't know if it's because it's a novel which will take a long time to write or if it's because I'm not as interested in the characters and plotline as I was at first. I've made a lot of changes because I'm afraid I won't be able to write what I had originally planned for it. Maybe I should just go back to the original plot and stick with it. If I need to do more research I can.

I'm going to check out the Not Going To Conference Conference over at Romance Diva's tomorrow for the workshop on Historical Research. That might help quite a bit.

No comments: