July 22, 2008

How do they do that?!?

I'm reading Leigh Michaels' "On Writing Romance" and I'm to the section on plotting. Thank goodness. I wrote a short synopsis on the story before I decided to pick up this book, but now I'm doubting that what I think is a good plot will work. What if what I write won't meld together the way I think it will? I'm afraid I'm going to get to an action scene and the entire thing will show that I'm not as smart as I thought I was and there's no way anyone would do things that way.

I'm also terrified that I won't be able to figure out how to express what my characters are thinking and feeling in a way that makes sense. I've never stopped to think about why I do the things I do; I just do them. But from what I understand, the more I write, the better I'll get. One can only hope!

No comments: