July 24, 2008

Research

I was doing a little research the other day and found the town that inspired "Uncle Tom's Cabin". Harriet Beecher Stowe was visiting Washington, KY and viewed a slave auction on the courthouse lawn. So, being the thorough researcher that I am (can you say procrastination?) I went online and found the website.

Along with all the history and the original buildings from the 1700s, I also noticed that the town has a Chocolate Festival every year. While that will not be the main reason I visit the town it will definitely influence when my visit occurs.

I love chocolate as much as any respectable woman on the planet and I will gladly participate in any tastes test they have available. But I will also visit the museums and antique shops and I will eat in the Row House Restaurant. I'll take in all the history and charm and bring home with me plenty of ideas and research materials. And if a little chocolate finds its way into my suitcase then so much the better.

No comments: