July 27, 2008

Growing Up

My baby girl is growing up way too fast. She leaves early in the morning to spend a week in Florida for church camp. Her first real trip away from home without family. She's a little nervous about being so far away with people she barely knows, but she's excited too. They're staying at the Hilton in Daytona, they'll have a private beach for their own use, they're going to the water park on Thursday and to Bubba Gump Shrimp after. And during the entire week they'll be meeting at the conference center most of the day for church services.

I remember my church camp and I have to tell you we didn't have near the amenities. As I recall there were lots of woods, a lake, and plenty of mosquitoes. But I had one of the best times of my life that summer. And I know she'll have a wonderful time, too. She'll meet new friends, see things she wouldn't otherwise be able to see, and she'll worship God. How much better could it be?

No comments: