August 11, 2010

There's a Mouse in the House


Mickey might be cute, but I soooo do not like a mouse in my house.

Now, I know that mice and rats are different, but to me they are exactly the same. They both carry disease and plague and they scurry around in hidden places jumping out at you at the most inopportune times.

When I was about 5 or so we lived in this run-down old house in Mississippi where there were holes in the floors and walls. And we had rats. Big ugly scary rats. Jump on the table and scream like a little girl rats. Ugh!

My mom put out rat poison, but the little buggers avoided it like the plague (pun intended...lol). But I didn't. I found it behind the dresser and since it looked like candy, I helped myself. Let me just say that having your stomach pumped is not a fun experience for a five year old.

It's also not a fun experience to have a rat crawl up your leg when you're five either (or any age for that matter). Not to mention watching my mom shoot them through the holes in the floor with her little 22 pistol. And let's not forget the puppies.

My German Shepherd, Lady, had puppies under the house. And the rats ate them all. Well, except the little runt. We brought him up into the house and tried to keep him alive, but he didn't make it. Another tragic event in my life to remember about rats.

So, now that I have one in the house, leaving me gifts and trying to be a good little mouse who keeps out of sight, I can safely say "NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" The little bugger will be drawn and quartered if I have anything to say about it.

And Good Riddance!!

No comments: