August 11, 2008

Early Mornings and Grumpy Kids

Well, it's officially here. School started today with early morning wake up calls and grumpy kids. My two were in fine form this morning. I woke up early because I've decided to try walking early in the mornings before it gets too hot and it was actually very nice. But after my walk it's time to wake the kids for school. My daughter gets up and gets in the shower while my son calls to make sure he'll have a ride since he goes an hour later than she does. I jumped in the shower and had a quick wash and when I got out I heard yelling from the other end of the house. Apparently DS's ride bailed on him and he'll have to leave when we do this morning. DD was in the shower barely 8 minutes and he's banging on the door for her to get out so he can get in (he's definitely not a morning person). I calmed them down and got them ready to go and everyone even got to school a bit early. Now I'm at work hoping already for a nap at lunchtime. The school year has officially begun.

No comments: