November 02, 2010

Old Friends From Far Away

I found out last week that I'm "googlable". Hmmm...new word for Webster's? :-)

A girl I knew in high school contacted me last week through the "Contact Me" page of my blog/website. To say it was a surprise would be an understatement. I'd looked for her on Facebook, but was never able to find her. I even tried googling her and looking on those "find someone" websites, but nothing turned up. Turns out she'd been looking for me, too, so she googled me and found my website. How cool is that?

We've been emailing back and forth all week, catching up, learning what's been happening the past 25 years. She's still married to the same guy (I was in the wedding) and they had 2 kids, a boy and a girl. Just as with everyone else, it's been hard, but they've made it through and have a good life together.

I'm so excited to find her after all this time. We worked together at Sonic in Dumas, AR when I lived there one semester with my dad. We tried to keep in touch after I moved away and she got married, but as usual, life got in the way. But now that we've found each other I won't lose her again.

Isn't it great to find old friends from far away?

No comments: