October 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Josh

Twenty years ago today I gave birth to my middle child by C-section. The little squirt couldn't wait and had to come six weeks early, weighing a whopping 5 lbs & 2 oz. His lungs weren't fully developed and they told me he might not make it. But before the nurse took him away she let me touch him in his little incubator and asked me his name. Since he was so early we didn't have a name picked out so I'm not sure where I came up with it, but there it was. And so he became my little Osh Kosh B-Josh. He was flown to Little Rock because the hospital couldn't handle high risk births and spent 31 days in the hospital, the first couple of weeks on a respirator to help him breathe. He was a tough little thing even then and fought each day to get stronger.

Now 20 years later he's still going strong. He's not afraid of anything and has broken bones and scars to prove it. LOL I'm proud of the way he turned out and I know he'll continue to make me proud.

Happy Birthday, Joshie!!

No comments: