June 28, 2010

Genealogy

I've been researching my families genealogy recently and am happy to report I've found my great-great-great grandfather. And I think I may have even found up to 7 generations back, but until I can prove what I've found I'm only going with the 3 greats.

It's exciting to know where I come from. I don't know a lot about them yet because I'm just beginning the search, but it's fun going through all the records online. Of course, there's so much you can't find online that I'm starting to get stuck. Not to mention if I want copies of birth, death or marriage records I'll have to pay for them and that's not going to happen right now.

I'm thinking of putting all the info I find in a family history book for the family. I'm apparently in charge of the family reunion we'll be having for the first time in years, so I wanted to do something special for it. And this is just the thing. Gathering stories from all the family members and finding info on family that far back is going to add a lot to the project.

What about you? You know anything about your genealogy?

No comments: