June 21, 2010

Rough Week

It's been a rough weekend. My uncle passed away on Wednesday morning & I left out Thursday morning for the 8 hour drive back home for the funeral. Before I left on Thursday, though, my husband's truck broke down & we had to take it to the shop to be fixed. That cost us a good $600.

The trip was good. The visitation & service were nice & I got to see all my family again. It seems like the only time we see each other any more is at a funeral. But that's about to change. I've been elected by the family to organize a family reunion for next year. Should be fun, though.

On the way home Saturday I got pulled over for speeding, costing me another $170. Only the ticket wasn't written for speeding, it was written for some city ordinance. Supposedly that's supposed to keep it off my record. I bet it costs more than a regular speeding ticket, too.

Then when I got home my husband told me the repairman who came to fix the intake line on our A/C unit says that we need to contact FEMA because we've had standing water in the ductwork and there's mud in the intake line due to the flood in May. Great. We've been living in a contaminated house for 2 months. No wonder my cough won't go away.

Yep. I'd say it's been a rough week.

No comments: