April 18, 2009

I broke out!

I stepped out of my protective social shell today and attended my first meeting for Music City Romance Writers (MCRW). I was a nervous wreck. It's not easy for me to meet new people. I don't chit chat very well and I certainly can't just walk up to someone and start a conversation. But the women at MCRW were wonderful. They pulled me in and sat me down and introduced themselves. They were so nice and so friendly and the lecture was great. I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm allowed one more meeting before I have to officially join but I have a feeling that I may go ahead and fill out that paperwork to bring to the next meeting. And with any luck, by then I'll be somewhere in the middle of the WIP so I may actually have something to contribute to the conversation.

No comments: