January 05, 2009

Back from Vacation

I went back to work today after being off for a whole week. I *heart* vacation. I MISS vacation!!

A lot of changes are happening at work right now. We've taken on all advertising for the Jackson TN paper and we're going from a 7 day per week classified section to a 4 day per week classified section. Our advertisers are not happy and trying to convince them that going from the 7 days they were paying for down to the new 4 days with no cost reduction is going to be okay for them. It's not easy telling someone they're getting less for the same price.

At the same time we got no training on the advertising options for Jackson because our trainer was moved to sales at another newspaper. We have a list of what's available for the customer but no idea how to go about entering what they want in our system. It's a learn as you go process and it's driving me nuts. I'm not organized and ready for this and I can't stand it.

I know I'll be fine because I'm a fast learner but other sales reps are so confused. And they always come to me when they have issues they can't resolve themselves. Of course, I love the hectic pace when things change. Only I'm exhausted from enjoying my vacation so much.

No comments: