October 09, 2008

Fast Draft

I'm taking a class over at RWA Online called Fast Draft given by Candace Haven. The idea is to write the first draft of your novel in 14 days by doing whatever is necessary to make time to write. Usually you'll do 20 pages per day for a total of 280 pages by the end of the 2 weeks. That's a solid first draft for any stand alone novel.

According to the rules you can't whine about not having time or this got in the way and I couldn't make my goal today. And You can't go back and edit what you've written; you simply keep going and leave everything, even inconsistencies alone. That's the hardest part for me. But for the past 2 days I've been doing it.

I did 5 pages the first day and 18 the next. Not quite my goal, but much more than I've ever done before. And I'm so excited about it. I might actually finish a manuscript. I can't wait until I type THE END!!

No comments: