March 16, 2012

Writing

I had dinner last night with another writer from the MCRW group who lives in the same part of town I do. It was awesome having someone to talk to about writing who understood what I was talking about and whose eyes didn't glaze over when I was trying to explain something.

I think we're going to try to get together a couple of times a month to exchange scenes or chapters and write. I'm excited to have someone who may be able to help me become a better writer by telling me in a constructive way what's wrong and how to fix it. I'm not sure what I'll be able to give her in return except maybe a different perspective. She's already so much farther along than I am. But I have a feeling we'll get along just fine.

Tomorrow's the MCRW monthly meeting. I missed the retreat last month so I'm looking forward to hanging out with these talented women. It makes me feel like I might actually have a chance with this whole writing thing.

No comments: