March 01, 2012

Wow!

What a busy two months, but it's winding down now.

I went to Phoenix last week to finish up the project I've been working on. Well, Scottsdale actually. Phillip from AtTask was there to help and we made it through with everything intact. Whew! I wondered there for a bit, but thankfully things smoothed out and we were able to finish on time.

Scottsdale is a beautiful place. But it was a bit confusing in places. A road on one side of town is also on the other side of town, but you can't get from one end to the other by staying on that road. The GPS kept telling me to turn and turn and turn just to get to the end of that street. It didn't make sense, but it got me where I needed to go.

And stopping at the end of a ramp before continuing onto the interstate was a little disconcerting. Red lights for both lanes, you stop until yours turns green then you go. When the other light turns green that lane goes. It's supposed to help with congestion by regulating the amount of traffic coming onto the interstate. It makes sense, but it was weird to stop then pull out onto the interstate.

The mountains look like someone took a bucket and poured out a big pile of dirt on the horizon. No green and very few trees. They were pretty, but brown & prickly. I can't imagine anyone wanting to go hiking up there. There's nothing to see on the trails.

I really enjoyed my first (and probably only) foray into business travel. And I've really loved working on this project. With any luck a new job will come of it. Now that people know who I am and what I'm capable of. I'm more than just a call center rep. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: