September 28, 2011

Same Time Next Year

This weekend was AWESOME! I had so much fun hanging out with family members I haven't seen in WAY too long.

We drove down on Friday and spent Friday evening with my parents. We all loaded up and went to the county fair. We had funnel cakes and hot dogs and just had a great time. My 67 year old mom even got on the Tilt-A-Whirl with me. That's something that hasn't happened in way too many years.

Saturday was the reunion. I got up early because I was so worried we wouldn't get the pavilion if I didn't get there by 8am. I got everything decorated and ready to go and people even showed up early to hang out with me while I worked. There were a good 50 people there if not more and every single one had as good a time as I did. I met cousins I've never met before and I spent time with the ones I grew up with. The food was great but the company was even better. And I can't wait to do it all over again.

After the reunion I drove over to visit and Aunt and Uncle who couldn't make it to the reunion because they were sick. It was a nice visit and I know they loved it as much as I did.

On Sunday I visited the cemetery where my great grandparents are buried, then went to church with Mom and Dad. After that we visited the cemetery where my grandparents are buried before we left to head back home.

It was a full, busy weekend and we had an awesome time. I can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments: