September 06, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

I definitely did not labor this weekend. It was a great 4 day weekend for me. I went with MJM to visit his parents in KY and loved every second of it. His sister & her husband flew in from Seattle & his brother drove in from Chattanooga and we all had an awesome time.

I love hanging out with this family. Friday night we met them all at a nice Japanese restaurant for great food & fun. Then we went back to the house & continued Happy Hour (which usually lasts until Sunday morning...lol). Saturday we hung out at the house, went to the flea market, had yogurt at Stakz and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. The kids were all well-behaved and the adults tried to be.

My father-in-law gave each of his kids copies of paperwork that belonged to his father & grandfather with information on how they arrived in America; such as which ship they sailed on and their certificate of Citizenship. It's amazing to have such concrete proof of your family tree. I can't wait to find such gems on my own family.

With my own family reunion coming up I'm working on getting a chart done to hang on the wall of the pavilion the end of this month. I believe my family will enjoy it as much as I have and I can't wait to share with them what I've learned so far. Granted, it's not much, but it's a lot more than we've had before.

No comments: