April 28, 2010

Slow Writer

My writing has pretty much gone from sporadic to non-existent. I read an article recently on "slow writers" and have decided that I'm definitely in that category. I write in spurts when the mood strikes, but when I sit at the computer and see the blank screen or try to concentrate on what I've previously written, I can't seem to write anything. Or what I do write makes no sense; it's just words strung together to make sentences that make paragraphs so that I can up my word count.

I know to be serious about being a writer I'm supposed to write every day no matter what. I've even got BICHOK as the screen saver on my netbook. Only I can't seem to make myself do it. I want to write. I think about writing all the time. I plot and think and plot and sometimes write. But I can't be one of those who sits at the computer for hours and pours out a novel in a few weeks or months.

How about you? Are you a "slow writer"?

No comments: