February 07, 2009

Good-Bye

I'm finally back to the future. I went home to Arkansas for a funeral this week and spent four days with no internet. I don't mean just dial up; no I mean there was no internet at all. My parents only recently got caller ID on their phone so there is no way they have a computer, let alone internet. Whew! There for a while I thought I'd go crazy. LOL

The service was nice and simple, just the way he wanted it. He'll be missed by not only his children but the rest of the family and his friends as well.

I remember how he loved to joke around with us all. He was a musician and his humor could always be found in his work. I will NEVER forget the song he used to sing to Aunt Debbie. It made her so mad sometimes but all us kids thought it was the funniest thing we'd ever heard. "Those Scaggy Baggy Drawers That Debbie Wore". She hated that song, but she loved Mike and always gave him a smile when he finished.

At the service they played a tape of him singing a beautiful gospel song; "Daddy Needs No Marker to Mark His Grave For Jesus Knows Where he Lays". He went to a Pentecost church and he knew where he would be in the end. When his time came he was glad to go meet the Father.

Rest In Peace, Uncle Mike. We'll See You Again Soon.

1 comment:

December said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Be well.