January 19, 2012

I'm a Loaner

I've been loaned out. Yep, that's right. My manager has loaned me to another department. For the next few weeks I'll be learning a new system, configuring that new system with the information the department will need to run smoothly, then I'll be testing & implementing the new system & training the employees who will use it.

This is a big project and I'm proud that my name came up in the discussion on who would best be able to help. But I'm also a little nervous. I'm not an IT person and I'm not a systems person. What if I screw this up somehow? I don't know the first thing about configuration or systems administration.

But hey. What the heck? I know I can do it because I can do anything I set my mind to. And this will be one more thing to add to my resume if I should need it anytime soon. Let's just hope I don't need it anytime soon!

No comments: