March 03, 2011

New Kitchen

Well, looks like I'm getting my new kitchen. Piece by Piece. We had to buy a new refrigerator last year. This year it's a new stove. I got home last night and found the stove was completely gone. Oh, the lights were on to show we'd turned a knob, but nothing got hot. Not a single burner burned & the oven stayed cold. Grrr...

Luckily, we renewed our home warranty last month & upgraded to include the appliances. Now I'm waiting for them to come check it out and see if they'll actually cover the cost or if I'm going to have to buy it myself.

If I have to buy it myself I want the solid cooktop so I don't have to clean those darn burner plates. It's such a pain when food gets underneath and you have to take everything apart & clean it. With the solid cooktop that won't happen. I hope.

Maybe we'll indulge & go ahead and get the dishwasher to match everything else. Then I can concentrate on the granite countertops & new cabinets later in the year. Then I'll finally have a really nice kitchen. If only I could make it bigger!

No comments: