December 21, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

I watched my all time favorite Christmas movie the other night; "It's a Wonderful Life". I watch it every year, and every year I cry at the end. But it's not the actors or the set or the cinematography. It's the story itself.

Everything we do or say touches those around us. I love the idea that even I can have an impact on others in my life and I hope that impact is a good one. Sometimes we all wish our lives could be different, as if we missed out on something somewhere down the line. But in the end, our lives are exactly as they're supposed to be, no matter what we go through.

So, when you think things aren't going well in your life and you want to give up, think about all the people who have crossed your path along the way and how your not being there would affect them. I bet you'll be surprised that something as small as a friendly smile when someone is down could be the one thing that keeps that person going. And remember, It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: