September 04, 2008

A New Leaf

Well, I stopped doing my Morning Pages and I stopped walking in the mornings. And let me tell you, I feel aweful. When I walked each morning I got up and felt good about myself and it made my day go better. And when I was doing my morning pages I was more likely to write later during the day as well. It seemed to motivate me.

So, why did I stop? Laziness mostly. Even though walking makes me feel better during the day I just didn't want to get up so early. I like my sleep. And the Morning Pages also cut into my sleep time. I know I need these things to feel better about myself and my day, but I just can't seem to make myself get up early and do them.

So, starting on Monday, I plan to turn over a new leaf. There is absolutely no reason why I can't get up 30 minutes earlier and walk around the block, then come back and write my Morning Pages. I just need the motivation and drive to do them.

No comments: