October 10, 2011

THE END!

The two sweetest words in the English language & I just typed them. And I'm so stinking excited about it I could pop!

THE END

I finished the first draft of my very first manuscript. Oh, I've written little stories just for me and I've written poems for years, but there's something about finishing a first draft on a novel that is just pure bliss.

It's mostly dialogue so I need to go back & layer in Setting/Description, expand on the conflict and add more Action. And I didn't write in a love scene because that will take some planning. But at least now I have something to work with & I'm not writing blind.

And I know there's tons of work still to be done. I'm sure I'll write a fourth or even fifth draft before I call it completely finished, but for now I'm in heaven.

THE END

No comments: