May 10, 2011

Peace and Quiet

Well, KAM and the kids went home last week. I spent this weekend enjoying peace & quiet and maybe being just a little bored with nothing to do. The house is clean and there's nothing worth watching on TV right now so I sat in the quiet and read a book. It fell so good to do that.

Sunday was Mother's Day and I got a call from JAM in Afghanistan. It was great to hear his voice. He sent me roses, too. HNM bought me a rose necklace (see a pattern here? Obviously roses are my favorite flower.) and a beautiful card that made me cry. And of course I cried again when I got the card from JWM. He had to work all day but his girlfriend brought it over along with chocolate covered strawberries. All in all it was an awesome weekend.

This week will be more of the same. DH is going to play paintball all weekend and I'll be home alone. I have to work a little while on Saturday afternoon, but after that nothing but quiet. It'll be the perfect time to get some writing done.

No comments: