April 14, 2011

Sick

Finally back at work today after being sick with strep throat all week. Let me just say "NO FUN!!!" My throat was on fire all day Monday & I had a temp of 101 - at work. It hurt to breath let alone talk, which is not a good thing since my job consists of answering phones and selling advertising. That requires both breathing & talking.

So, after work, I stopped at the walk-in clinic b/c I knew something was wrong. I never feel like that. And sure enough, strep. I hightailed myself home, crawled in bed (away from the grandbabies b/c that would have been a disaster) and stayed there until yesterday afternoon. I'm on antibiotics & ibuprofen and am feeling much better today although I wish I could have taken another day off.

At least it didn't happen this weekend to make me miss my writer's group or the Southern Women's Show. I would have been seriously bummed.

No comments: