May 04, 2010

Unimaginable Devastation

It's hard to imagine that just two days ago our little part of the world was turned upside down and inside out; almost literally. Today, the sun is shining and just outside my window here at work the world goes on as if nothing has happened.

I'm overwhelmed by the devastation I see on the news and as I drive to work and back. I feel guilty because I wasn't affected as others were. And I feel sad that people who had nothing to begin with have even less now.

Tourism will take a hit as well with so many of our local attractions taking on water or without power. Titans Stadium, The Grand Ole Opry and The Country Music Hall of Fame, will all be shut down for clean up and repairs. I also feel personally impacted that the Opryland Hotel was a complete loss. RWA was scheduled to hold their annual national conference there in July. Emails were sent out yesterday to those who had reservations for the next 90 days. All deposits will be refunded and the hotel will be shut down until further notice.

Nashville will need all the prayers and healing light that can be sent its way. Please keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. And please volunteer to help those who've lost their homes or donate what you can to local charities and shelters.

No comments: