September 28, 2009

Random

My laptop died and I've been without a computer (other than work) for over a week. Every time I thought of something I needed to look up online I remembered I couldn't and it nearly drove me nuts. I miss my laptop.

Had a customer who really ticked me off on Friday evening just as I was about to leave. First off I saw them drive up and the wife came in to pick up a garage sale kit (signs, stickers, change apron...etc) that we give out with each ad placed. We're limited on supplies so we give 1 kit per ad. She asked for more and I explained that I couldn't give out more because of our limits. She left but a second later her husband came in asking for a kit. I was gonna give him the benefit of the doubt because I hadn't seen him get out of the truck so I asked him if he was with the lady that had just left. He says, "What lady?". So, I asked if he was in the brown pick-up. He says, "No. I'm in the red truck." That's when I got ticked off. An employee got out of that truck before the wife came in and I knew he was lying and trying to scam me. Even then I would have been nice and explained to him that we give 1 kit per ad but that I'd give him extra signs. But he looked me in the eye and said, "Just give me the damn kits." I was so shocked I started to go blurry and my mouth hung open for a second before I could say anything. I told him I'd give him extra signs (as he interjected, "Damn right you will") and that was it. OMG! I can't believe people are so mean. And all over a stupid change apron for a garage sale! Grrr....

Yesterday was the anniversary of the first date my husband and I ever went on. We've been together for 6 years now (married for 2). And I believe we'll make it many more. He might get on my nerves sometimes and I'm sure I get on his, but I love him and can't wait to see what the rest of our lives brings.

No comments: